Обсуждение: pg_ctl start hangs

pg_ctl start hangs

От
Christophe Labouisse
Дата:
When restarting postgres this morning I notice the pg_ctl start hangs
forever while the database seems to be up and working. Eventually I
found out that the start process involves a "psql -l" which waits
for me to enter a password since I have "local all password" in my
pg_hba.conf. I change back to trust but since I have users with shell
access on the server I'd would like to switch back to "password".

I used the following command to start the database:

/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl start -s -w -l /usr/local/pgsql/errlog -o "-i"

My configuration:

FreeBSD 4.3, Postgresql 7.1.2

--
Le cinéma en Lumière : http://www.lumiere.org/
Fingerprint : 4721 651D D309 B302 93E4  5D73 CC52 DF3A E7C7 86CF

Re: pg_ctl start hangs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Christophe Labouisse writes:

> /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl start -s -w -l /usr/local/pgsql/errlog -o "-i"

Don't use the -w option.  Read the man page.