Обсуждение: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "sequences" not found

ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "sequences" not found

От
Dado Feigenblatt
Дата:
I'm trying to create some tables with foreign keys.
When I try to create a foreign key ...
   foreign key(seq_code) references sequences(seq_code) on update
CASCADE on delete CASCADE,

I get this message:
   ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table
"sequences" not found

The problem is that the referenced field and table exist.
Any hint?

Using psql and PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on RedHat 7.1
Thanks.

--
Dado Feigenblatt                                 Wild Brain, Inc.
Technical Director                               (415) 553-8000 x???

Re: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table "sequences" not found

От
"Richard Huxton"
From: "Dado Feigenblatt" <dado@wildbrain.com>

> I'm trying to create some tables with foreign keys.
> When I try to create a foreign key ...
>
>     foreign key(seq_code) references sequences(seq_code) on update
> CASCADE on delete CASCADE,
>
> I get this message:
>
>     ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced table
> "sequences" not found
>
> The problem is that the referenced field and table exist.
> Any hint?

Do you have a unique index on sequences.seq_code?

- Richard Huxton