Обсуждение: select only the first record

select only the first record

От
juerg.rietmann@pup.ch
Дата:
Hello there

Is it possible to do a query and selecting only the first record in ad
table ?

e.g. select FIRST * from cars

Tx in advance ... jr

PFISTER + PARTNER, SYSTEM - ENGINEERING AG
Juerg Rietmann
Grundstrasse 22a
6343 Rotkreuz
Switzerland

phone: +4141 790 4040
fax: +4141 790 2545
mobile: +4179 211 0315

Re: select only the first record

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
juerg.rietmann@pup.ch wrote:
> Hello there
>
> Is it possible to do a query and selecting only the first record in ad
> table ?
>
> e.g. select FIRST * from cars
   You  can either use a CURSOR and FETCH only the first row, or   use LIMIT (non-standard).
   And you might  want  to  explicitly  ORDER  the  result  set,   otherwise   exchange   "FIRST"   with  "ONE-RANDOM"
in your   question.

Jan

Re: select only the first record

От
Christof Glaser
Дата:
On Tuesday, 10. July 2001 15:09, juerg.rietmann@pup.ch wrote:
> Hello there
>
> Is it possible to do a query and selecting only the first record in
> ad table ?
>
> e.g. select FIRST * from cars

SELECT * FROM cars ORDER BY <your pkey> LIMIT 1;

Without ORDER BY, there is no "first" record - any record could be
returned.

Regards,
Christof Glaser