Обсуждение: Help on a sql querry.

Help on a sql querry.

От
David BOURIAUD
Дата:
Hi the list !
I've got a table in which I've got informations about persons.
I'd like to know how many there are by etablissements, and the detail by
sex.
So, here is how my table is described :
table can :
num_can //candidate number
nom_can //name
cod_sex //sex of candidate : M=Man, F = Woman
cod_eta // Etablissemnt where this person is.

Any idea ? I'd like to avoid unions, cause it makes many lines for too
few informations....
Thanks by advance.
--
David BOURIAUD
In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have

Re: Help on a sql querry.

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
You might be looking for something like:

SELECT  cod_eta,  SUM (CASE WHEN  cod_sex='F' THEN  1  ELSE 0 END)  AS  female, SUM (CASE WHEN  cod_sex='M' THEN  1
ELSE0 END)  AS  male  FROM  can GROUP BY  cod_eta ORDER BY  cod_eta;

This should return rows containing: eta, female, male.
I might have made a typo tho...

Frank