Обсуждение: batch file

batch file

От
Milen
Дата:
Hi all!,

I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
which contains all SQL commands I want.

Best Regards:
Milen

Re: batch file

От
Jason Earl
Дата:
I just put files commands that I want in some file
like "foo.sql" and then do:

psql mydatabase -f foo.sql

Is this what you are looking for?

Jason

--- Milen <milend@ansco.com> wrote:
> Hi all!,
>
> I want to execute several SQL statements one after
> another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create
> something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.
>
> Best Regards:
> Milen

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: batch file

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Hi,

I am not sure what's your question.
However, you can list a bunch of SQL statements in a text file:
e.g.
myfile.sql which contains:

select * from tablename where ....
update tablename set ... where ...

then, you can just run it like:

psql -q dbname < myfile.sql

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Milen wrote:

> Hi all!,
>
> I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.
>
> Best Regards:
> Milen

Re: batch file

От
Peter Eisentraut
Milen writes:

> I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.

psql [options] -f yourfile.sql

Re: batch file

От
"Richard Huxton"
From: "Milen" <milend@ansco.com>
> I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.

You can do exactly that.

Use "man psql" to find out about the -f option or the \i option.

- Richard Huxton

Re: batch file

От
"bugi"
Дата:
Create the file for example command.sql and log into the  database psql
mydbase
and write command
\i command.sql

U�ytkownik "Milen" <milend@ansco.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> Hi all!,
>
> I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.
>
> Best Regards:
> Milen

Re: batch file

От
Grant
Дата:
> I want to execute several SQL statements one after another.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to create something like a "batch file"
> which contains all SQL commands I want.

That or just separate commands by a semi colon:

select * from table1; select * from table2;