Обсуждение: Auto incrementing an integer

Auto incrementing an integer

От
"Sylte"
Дата:
How do I construct a datatype that autoincrement in postgreSQL?

Thanks
Sylte

Re: Auto incrementing an integer

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
Quoting Sylte <Sylte_@hotmail.com>:

> How do I construct a datatype that autoincrement in postgreSQL?

See sequences and the SERIAL type.

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.

Re: Auto incrementing an integer

От
Philip Hallstrom
Дата:
Take a look at the SERIAL datatype as well as sequences (CREATE SEQUENCE,
NEXTVAL, CURRVAL).

good luck!

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Sylte wrote:

> How do I construct a datatype that autoincrement in postgreSQL?
>
> Thanks
> Sylte

RE: Auto incrementing an integer

От
Michael Davis
Дата:
Try the serial data type or add "DEFAULT nextval('Invoice_s')" to the
column definition where Invoice_s is the name of a sequence that you have
created.

Hope this helps, Michael