Обсуждение: Using Transaction Blocks w/ SELECT

Using Transaction Blocks w/ SELECT

От
Дата:
Goinging throught the libpq docs, I noticed that in all of the examples involving
select statements, transaction blocks are used.  I see why this is necessary for
write operations, but I don't see the need in read operations that don't commit.  Am
I missing something?  Any help appreciated.

Re: Using Transaction Blocks w/ SELECT

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
postgres@athena.frontlogic.com writes:

> Goinging throught the libpq docs, I noticed that in all of the examples involving
> select statements, transaction blocks are used.  I see why this is necessary for
> write operations, but I don't see the need in read operations that don't commit.  Am
> I missing something?  Any help appreciated.

It's done to get consistent data snapshots across several commands.