Обсуждение: rules

rules

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
Is it posible to make a rule execute more then one query?

Something like:

CREATE RULE rule_name AS ON INSERT TO table1
DO INSTEAD
INSERT INTO table2 VALUES
(new.value1,new.value2)
INSERT INTO table3 VALUES
(x,y)

If not, is there a way to do this? Triggers maybe?

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.

Re: rules

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Mart�n Marqu�s wrote:

> Is it posible to make a rule execute more then one query?
>
> Something like:
>
> CREATE RULE rule_name AS ON INSERT TO table1
> DO INSTEAD
> INSERT INTO table2 VALUES
> (new.value1,new.value2)
> INSERT INTO table3 VALUES
> (x,y)

test=# \h create rule
Command:     CREATE RULE
Syntax:
CREATE RULE name AS ON event   TO object [ WHERE condition ]   DO [ INSTEAD ] action

where action can be:

NOTHING

query

( query ; query ... )

[ query ; query ... ]

ie

CREATE RULE snog AS ON UPDATE TO foo DO INSTEAD ( ...; ... );

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Re: rules

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Martín Marqués wrote:
> Is it posible to make a rule execute more then one query?
>
> Something like:
>
> CREATE RULE rule_name AS ON INSERT TO table1
> DO INSTEAD
> INSERT INTO table2 VALUES
> (new.value1,new.value2)
> INSERT INTO table3 VALUES
> (x,y)
   Yes:
       CREATE RULE rule_name AS ON INSERT TO table1       DO INSTEAD (           INSERT INTO table2 VALUES
(new.value1,new.value2);          INSERT INTO table3 VALUES           (x,y);       );

   You just omitted the parens and semicoli :-)

> If not, is there a way to do this? Triggers maybe?
   Triggers  too  (even if yes above and effectively you haven't   asked for):
       CREATE FUNCTION whatever () RETURNS opaque AS '       BEGIN           INSERT INTO table2 VALUES
(new.value1,new.value2);          INSERT INTO table3 VALUES           (...);           RETURN NULL; -- returning NULL
froma BEFORE trigger                        -- suppresses the triggering INSERT to                        -- happen.
  END;'       LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

       CREATE TRIGGER table1_ins BEFORE INSERT ON table1           FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE whatever();

Jan