Обсуждение: date_part bug?

date_part bug?

От
Salvador Mainé
Hello:

I'm using postgres 7.0.2. When I use date_part('day', date) sometimes I
get wrong values. Ie:
and date_part('day', '1999-3-28')=27

and date_part('day', '2000-3-26')=25

Is it a bug? Is there any SQL equivalent function?

--
Salvador Mainé

Re: date_part bug?

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
"Salvador Mainé" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm using postgres 7.0.2. When I use date_part('day', date) sometimes I
> get wrong values. Ie:
> and date_part('day', '1999-3-28')=27
>
> and date_part('day', '2000-3-26')=25
>
> Is it a bug? Is there any SQL equivalent function?

I remember some issues with summertime settings and timezones (I think
the person how originally found the bug was in New Zealand and PG got
confused by a +13 timezone) - don't know if this might affect you or if
it was fixed before 7.0.2

You might want to try the to_char function and see if that displays the
same problem.

- Richard Huxton