Обсуждение: how do I find which ...

how do I find which ...

От
"datactrl"
Дата:
I write some functions inPL/pgSQL. If I drop a function B , which is called
by function A, and create function B again, then function A won't work
unless I drop function A and re-create again. How about if there are lots
functions call to function B, is there any way to search system table to
find out those functions call to A?

JACK

Re: how do I find which ...

От
Cedar Cox

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, datactrl wrote:

> I write some functions inPL/pgSQL. If I drop a function B , which is called
> by function A, and create function B again, then function A won't work

If I recall correctly, this is because function A's "compiled" code refers
to the oid of the now non-existent function B.  Aren't functions
"compiled" once per connection (/ backend process)?  If so, reconnecting
should do it.  (Then again, I might be totally wrong ... :]

> unless I drop function A and re-create again. How about if there are lots
> functions call to function B, is there any way to search system table to
> find out those functions call to A?
>
> JACK

-Cedar