Обсуждение: Postgres & XML

Postgres & XML

От
Najm Hashmi
Дата:
Hi all, I was just wondering if there is  way or some sort of utility to
incorporate XML in postgrres.
Thanks in advance.

Вложения

Re: Postgres & XML

От
clayton cottingham
Дата:
Najm Hashmi wrote:

> Hi all, I was just wondering if there is  way or some sort of utility to
> incorporate XML in postgrres.
> Thanks in advance.

ive done some simple processing using tables and xml::xslt

basically generating a xml page based on db info and then parsing to
html
using the xslt's

Re: Postgres & XML

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Najm Hashmi writes:

> Hi all, I was just wondering if there is  way or some sort of utility to
> incorporate XML in postgrres.

This question is about as generic as "Is there a way to incorporate ASCII
in Postgres?"  Depending on what you want you might find Cocoon useful.
See <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/index.html>.

Re: Postgres & XML

От
Frank Joerdens
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 02:13:33PM -0800, clayton cottingham wrote:
> Najm Hashmi wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, I was just wondering if there is  way or some sort of utility to
> > incorporate XML in postgrres.
> > Thanks in advance.
[ . . . ]
> ive done some simple processing using tables and xml::xslt
>
> basically generating a xml page based on db info and then parsing to
> html
> using the xslt's

What do you do if a new DTD comes along that does not fit your schema? It
would seem that Postgres' object-oriented capabilities might come in
handy here. Haven't really thought about it too deeply but that appears
to be a case where it's cool to make a new table that inherits from the
original one to fit the new. Am I way off target or could anyone chip
in with examples?

Regards, Frank