Обсуждение: How to change the ownership of the table?

How to change the ownership of the table?

От
Ramesh H R
Дата:
Hai

Please, any one guide me how to change the ownership of the table?

Ramesh HR
Trainee Engineer
EASi Technologies
213, 3rd Main, 4th Cross
Chamrajpet, Bangalore - 560 018
India
Ph.: 660 1086 / 660 2365 / 667 2984 Extn.: 155
Facsimile: 667 5274
www.easi.soft.net

Re: How to change the ownership of the table?

Дата:
Ramesh H R <ramesh@easi.soft.net> writes:
> Please, any one guide me how to change the ownership of the table?

There's an ALTER TABLE command for this in current sources, but I think
it's new in 7.1.  In older releases, you have to reach in by hand and
change the 'relowner' field of the table's pg_class row to match the
'usesysid' field of the pg_shadow entry for the desired new owner.

Working out the exact UPDATE command to use is left as an exercise
for the student ;-)
        regards, tom lane

Re: How to change the ownership of the table?

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Hi, there,

I believe that you can use iat least:
pg_dump -t table -f out dbname
then vi out
change the owner (first line -- connnect ...)
then drop the old table and reload new table by
psql dbname < out

If your table have no index or any constraint,
you can use SELECT * into newtable
then if you have the previlage.

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Ramesh H R wrote:

> Hai
>
> Please, any one guide me how to change the ownership of the table?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ramesh HR
> Trainee Engineer
> EASi Technologies
> 213, 3rd Main, 4th Cross
> Chamrajpet, Bangalore - 560 018
> India
> Ph.: 660 1086 / 660 2365 / 667 2984 Extn.: 155
> Facsimile: 667 5274
> www.easi.soft.net

Re: How to change the ownership of the table?

От
Najm Hashmi

> Working out the exact UPDATE command to use is left as an exercise
> for the student ;-)
>
>                         regards, tom lane

It is funny...... LOL
Najm