Обсуждение: Large Object dump ?

Large Object dump ?

От
Alessandro Rossi
Дата:
I need to move a DB from Pg 6.5 to 7 haw can i export Large Object to the
new DB ?

Pg_dumpall seems non to export LArge Object.

Please Help

Alex

Re: Large Object dump ?

От
"tjk@tksoft.com"
Дата:
Large objects are not dumped. It should be
in the documentation for large objects.

You need to write a script which writes them to
disk and then imports them back in after you have
installed your dbs.

Troy

> I need to move a DB from Pg 6.5 to 7 haw can i export Large Object to the
> new DB ?
>
> Pg_dumpall seems non to export LArge Object.
>
> Please Help
>
> Alex

Re: Large Object dump ?

От
Alessandro Rossi

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, tjk@tksoft.com wrote:

>Large objects are not dumped. It should be
>in the documentation for large objects.
>
>You need to write a script which writes them to
>disk and then imports them back in after you have
>installed your dbs.
>

>Troy

CREATE TABLE news    -- { chiave: id news ,newarchivio, newsnuove}
("idnews"    SERIAL primary key,    "oidnotizia"    OID,        -- news as large object "autore"    TEXTx        --
author
);

How should be done the script for this table ?

I found something about large object only onthe programmesg guide are they
present in other docs?

Thanks in advance

Alex