Обсуждение: grant select on ALL(?) to dbuser;

grant select on ALL(?) to dbuser;

От
Marcin Mazurek
Дата:
Hi,
is something like this possible?
I have to grant select priviliges to dump database, and I was wondering if
there is easer way to do it then name one, by one every table.

maz

Marcin Mazurek

--
Kierownik Działu Systemowego
MULTINET SA o/Poznan

Re: grant select on ALL(?) to dbuser;

От
Antti Linno
Дата:
Hm, I usually use
pg_dump -f smthng.out dbname -u
after that program asks for username and password,
there were some possibilities within postgres too, but you can find them
yourself. And why not to dump all data as superuser, that way u have no
problems with privileges at all.
Antti

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Marcin Mazurek wrote:

> Hi,
> is something like this possible?
> I have to grant select priviliges to dump database, and I was wondering if
> there is easer way to do it then name one, by one every table.
>
> maz
>
> Marcin Mazurek
>
> --
> Kierownik Dzia³u Systemowego
> MULTINET SA o/Poznan
> http://www.multinet.pl/

Re: grant select on ALL(?) to dbuser;

От
Marcin Mazurek
Дата:
Antti Linno (alligator@all.ee) napisał:

> Hm, I usually use
> pg_dump -f smthng.out dbname -u
> after that program asks for username and password,
> there were some possibilities within postgres too, but you can find them
> yourself. And why not to dump all data as superuser, that way u have no
> problems with privileges at all.i want to do it via cron, and rather not user any superusers, except for
this it whould by nice to know how to do it not only for pg_dump:)
maz

Marcin Mazurek