Обсуждение: 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
Дата:
Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
on a RH6.2 install.

I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.

1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?

2 - Can createdb -E someencoding be used "straight out of the box"
with Postgresql 7.0.2 or does support need to be compiled into
the function?

3 - What are the list of arguments which can be taken with the
command createdb -E  ?

Thanks!

Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/

Re: [ADMIN] 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
Dana Hudes
Дата:
I have compiled for i686 by hacking up my RPM compile environment.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 pyz@panix.com wrote:

> Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
> on a RH6.2 install.
>
> I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.
>
> 1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
> it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?
>
> 2 - Can createdb -E someencoding be used "straight out of the box"
> with Postgresql 7.0.2 or does support need to be compiled into
> the function?
>
> 3 - What are the list of arguments which can be taken with the
> command createdb -E  ?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
> pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/

Re: [ADMIN] 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
"Igor N. Avtaev"
Дата:
pyz@panix.com wrote:

> Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
> on a RH6.2 install.
>
> I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.
>
> 1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
> it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?

Yes. Changed C compilation flags in template file for your operating
system.

> Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
> pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/

Re: Re: [ADMIN] 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
Max Pyziur

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Igor N. Avtaev wrote:

> pyz@panix.com wrote:
>
> > Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
> > on a RH6.2 install.
> >
> > I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.
> >
> > 1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
> > it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?
>
> Yes. Changed C compilation flags in template file for your operating
> system.

Could you please specify which flags are necessary?

Thanks!

> > Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
> > pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/
[recycle]

Re: Re: [ADMIN] 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
Dana Hudes
Дата:
RTFM for gcc
-mcpu=i686

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Max Pyziur wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Igor N. Avtaev wrote:
>
> > pyz@panix.com wrote:
> >
> > > Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
> > > on a RH6.2 install.
> > >
> > > I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.
> > >
> > > 1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
> > > it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?
> >
> > Yes. Changed C compilation flags in template file for your operating
> > system.
>
> Could you please specify which flags are necessary?
>
> Thanks!
>

> > > Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
> > > pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/
> [recycle]

Re: Re: [ADMIN] 7.0.2 questions on encoding and compilation

От
"Igor N. Avtaev"
Дата:
Max Pyziur wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Igor N. Avtaev wrote:
>
> > pyz@panix.com wrote:
> >
> > > Currently, I'm using the the 7.0.2 rpms from the postgresql.org
> > > on a RH6.2 install.
> > >
> > > I have a few questions on it and the use of the -E flag.
> > >
> > > 1 - can 7.0.2 be optimized for i686 architecture or is
> > > it only possible to compile for i386 architecture?
> >
> > Yes. Changed C compilation flags in template file for your operating
> > system.
>
> Could you please specify which flags are necessary?

For my OS - SCO UnixWare 2.1.3 (with SCO SDK):
    -K pentium
or
    -K p6

> Thanks!
>

> > > Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
> > > pyz@brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/
> [recycle]

Best regards, Igor

newbie: execute an sql script

От
j.uy@technologist.com
Дата:
hi everyone,
just wanna ask how I could execute an sql script to feed into the
database?

Jess Emerson Uy
j.uy@technologist.com

Re: newbie: execute an sql script

От
Indraneel Majumdar
Дата:
at the psql prompt do this:

\i <sqlfile>

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 j.uy@technologist.com wrote:

> hi everyone,
> just wanna ask how I could execute an sql script to feed into the
> database?
>
> Jess Emerson Uy
> j.uy@technologist.com

# Indraneel Majumdar                  ¡  E-mail: indraneel@123india.com  #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node),  ¡  URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com  #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics,                         #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076                                              #