Обсуждение: ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

ERROR: DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

От
"John M. Flinchbaugh"
ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.

i get this error trying to build this massive view to join about 15 tables
of data together.  the error sounds reasonable enough, but i'm getting
confused trying to break it down into smaller views and then combining
them.

the view basically just pulls together 15 tables of data while renaming
columns to be meaningful when viewed together, and of course associating
foreign keys with their primaries.

here is the query if it should prove useful:
create view allinfo as select b.name as building_name,b.description as
building_description,b.location as building_location,b.address as
building_address,f.location as floor,r.name as room_name,r.location as
room_location,r.dept as room_department,rt.name as room_type,h.mac as
mac,h.name as hardware_name,h.ip as ip,h.mutag as mutag,rack.location as
rack,rack.description as rack_description,h.pos as pos,h.serial as
serial,h.inuse as inuse,m.name as model_name,m.description as
model_description,m.model as model,c.name as model_class,manf.name as
manufacturer from building as b,floor as f,room as r,roomtype as
rt,hardware as h,dept as d,model as m,class as c,manufacturer as manf,rack
where b.number=f.building and f.number=r.floor and r.number=rack.room and
rack.number=h.rack and m.class=c.number and m.manufacturer=manf.number and
r.dept=d.number;

how would be the best way to build smaller views and combine them into
larger views?

thanks.

| -> glynis@hjsoft.com <-             john@cs.millersv.edu |
|    glynis@netrax.net      http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |