Обсуждение: RETURN VALUES ON INTEGERS

RETURN VALUES ON INTEGERS

От
Alessandro Rossi

I have the following DATABASE.

CREATE TABLE codestatus    (id                int primary key,code                int,status                char
);

code is an int number made at least of 6 numbers.
(range from 0 up to 999999)

If i do :

select * from codestatus;

I GET:

id|code|status
--+------+------1| 44111|N    2|   123|S

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET

id|code|status
--+------+------1|044111|N    2|000123|S

How could I fix the prbolem and get the values as I ned them out of the
select ?

thanks in advance

Alex

Re: [SQL] RETURN VALUES ON INTEGERS

От
Herouth Maoz
Дата:
At 15:24 +0300 on 07/07/1999, Alessandro Rossi wrote:

> I GET:
>
> id|code|status
> --+------+------
>  1| 44111|N
>  2|   123|S
>
> BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET
>
> id|code|status
> --+------+------
>  1|044111|N
>  2|000123|S
>
> How could I fix the prbolem and get the values as I ned them out of the
> select ?

Try lpad. For example:

testing=> select num, lpad( num, 6, '0' ) from test1;  num|  lpad
------+------    2|000002    4|000004   38|000038  199|000199
100399|100399
(5 rows)

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

RE: [SQL] RETURN VALUES ON INTEGERS

От
"John Ridout"
Дата:
> I have the following DATABASE.
>
> CREATE TABLE codestatus    (
>     id                int primary key,
>     code                int,
>     status                char
> );
>
> code is an int number made at least of 6 numbers.
> (range from 0 up to 999999)
>
> If i do :
>
> select * from codestatus;
>
> I GET:
>
> id|code|status
> --+------+------
>  1| 44111|N
>  2|   123|S
>
> BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET
>
> id|code|status
> --+------+------
>  1|044111|N
>  2|000123|S
>
> How could I fix the prbolem and get the values as I ned them
> out of the
> select ?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Alex