Обсуждение: Escaping w/i regular expressions

Escaping w/i regular expressions

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
How do you escape a ' (apostrophe) within a regular expression, so it does
not close off the string? Something like  ... ~ '[0-9.,\']'
does not seem to work.
(Pgsql 6.4.2)

Any ideas?

--
Peter Eisentraut
PathWay Computing

Re: [SQL] Escaping w/i regular expressions

От
Herouth Maoz
Дата:
At 21:07 +0300 on 30/06/1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> How do you escape a ' (apostrophe) within a regular expression, so it does
> not close off the string? Something like
>    ... ~ '[0-9.,\']'
> does not seem to work.
> (Pgsql 6.4.2)

Yes, it does work:

testing=> select * from test;
nm
This is a regular sentence ending with a full stop.
In this sentence there is a 'quoted' word.
not a sentence
Fi, fye, foe, fam - I smell the blood of an Englishman.
There are 10,000 bottles of beer on the wall.
(5 rows)

testing=> select * from test where nm ~ '[0-9.,\']';
nm
This is a regular sentence ending with a full stop.
In this sentence there is a 'quoted' word.
Fi, fye, foe, fam - I smell the blood of an Englishman.
There are 10,000 bottles of beer on the wall.
(4 rows)

See how it didn't match the 'not a sentence'? Now, to make sure, I removed
the '.' from your regular expression, so the only thing to match in the
'quoted' row was the quotes:

testing=> select * from test where nm ~ '[0-9,\']';
nm
In this sentence there is a 'quoted' word.
Fi, fye, foe, fam - I smell the blood of an Englishman.
There are 10,000 bottles of beer on the wall.
(3 rows)

Convinced?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

Re: [SQL] Escaping w/i regular expressions

Дата:
> How do you escape a ' (apostrophe) within a regular expression, so it does
> not close off the string? Something like
> does not seem to work.
> (Pgsql 6.4.2)

Seems to work in 6.5:
test=> select * from test where x ~ '[acb\']';x-'(1 row)

Pennsylvania19026