Обсуждение: Unable to read from a view

Unable to read from a view

От
Gregory Holston
Дата:
Hi all,

I just created a view and have been unable to read from it.  I am
Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) PHP/3.0.3 and Postgres 6.4.  When I tried to do a
select it gives the following error message:

real=> select * from pubsearch;
ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0

I created the view with the following select statment:

select distinct users.firstname, users.lastname, publication.title,
publication.publisher, publication.year from
publication, authors, users
where users.id = authors.id and authors.pubrelease =
publication.pubrelease;

firstname is type text
lastname is type text
title is type text
year is type text

Thanks in advance for all your help,

-Greg

Re: [SQL] Unable to read from a view

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> Hi all,
>
> I just created a view and have been unable to read from it.  I am
> Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) PHP/3.0.3 and Postgres 6.4.  When I tried to do a
> select it gives the following error message:
>
> real=> select * from pubsearch;
> ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
>
> I created the view with the following select statment:
>
> select distinct users.firstname, users.lastname, publication.title,
         ^^^^^^^^

    DISTINCT isn't supported in view definitions. You can SELECT
    from view's distinct, but you cannot define them to be.  Nor
    could you define views with group by and order by.

Jan

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just created a view and have been unable to read from it.  I am
> > Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) PHP/3.0.3 and Postgres 6.4.  When I tried to do a
> > select it gives the following error message:
> >
> > real=> select * from pubsearch;
> > ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
> >
> > I created the view with the following select statment:
> >
> > select distinct users.firstname, users.lastname, publication.title,
>          ^^^^^^^^
>
>     DISTINCT isn't supported in view definitions. You can SELECT
>     from view's distinct, but you cannot define them to be.  Nor
>     could you define views with group by and order by.

I have tried to drop the view and it gives the same error message.  Is
there any way to get rid of them (2).

Thanks for the help,

-Greg

Re: [SQL] Unable to read from a view

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:
>

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I just created a view and have been unable to read from it.  I am
> > > Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) PHP/3.0.3 and Postgres 6.4.  When I tried to do a
> > > select it gives the following error message:
> > >
> > > real=> select * from pubsearch;
> > > ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
> > >
> > > I created the view with the following select statment:
> > >
> > > select distinct users.firstname, users.lastname, publication.title,
> >          ^^^^^^^^
> >
> >     DISTINCT isn't supported in view definitions. You can SELECT
> >  from view's distinct, but you cannot define them to be.  Nor
> >  could you define views with group by and order by.
>
> I have tried to drop the view and it gives the same error message.  Is
> there any way to get rid of them (2).

    Don't  know if it really works for you (I can't reproduce the
    problem shortly), but try this as postgres superuser:

        DELETE FROM pg_rewrite WHERE rulename = '_RETpubsearch';
        DROP TABLE pubsearch;

Jan

Re: [SQL] Unable to read from a view

От
Gregory Holston

>     Don't  know if it really works for you (I can't reproduce the
>     problem shortly), but try this as postgres superuser:
>
>         DELETE FROM pg_rewrite WHERE rulename = '_RETpubsearch';
>         DROP TABLE pubsearch;

It worked thanks a lot!!!

-Greg