Обсуждение: booleans

booleans

От
Gregory Holston
Дата:
Good day all,

I just wrote an HTML form with a PHP script to enter data into a table
witha boolean field.  When I pressed enter it returned the following error
"Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: Bad boolean external
representation".  The script is as follows:

if( $id ) {
        pg_Exec($conn, "INSERT into authors
        VALUES ('$pubrelease', '$id', '$first');");
        }

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-Greg

Re: [SQL] booleans

От
"Jose' Soares"
Дата:
Gregory Holston wrote:

> Good day all,
>
> I just wrote an HTML form with a PHP script to enter data into a table
> witha boolean field.  When I pressed enter it returned the following error
> "Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: Bad boolean external
> representation".  The script is as follows:
>
> if( $id ) {
>         pg_Exec($conn, "INSERT into authors
>         VALUES ('$pubrelease', '$id', '$first');");
>         }
>
> I would appreciate any help.

   Postgres supports bool as the SQL3 boolean type. bool can have one of
   only two states: 'true' or 'false'.

Boolean accepts only one of the following values:

   True:  't', TRUE, 't', 'true', 'y', 'yes', '1'
   False: 'f', FALSE, 'f', 'false', 'n', 'no', '0'

- Note that you have to enclose data between '' except for words
TRUE/FALSE.
  Probably you are trying to insert data in a different way.

-Jose'-

Re: [SQL] booleans

От
Gregory Holston
Дата:
Initially I was inputing 't' and 'f'.  Then I tried 1 and 0 and it
worked.  PHP3 cannot parse t or f I guess.

Thanks for the info,

-Greg

Re: [SQL] booleans

От