Обсуждение: Error after creating View

Error after creating View

От
Karin Probost
Дата:
hallo,

After creating a view i get the message
ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0

SELECT and VACUUM leads to the same Error.

I am using Postgres 6.3.2

What's the reason.
--
MfG

- Karin Probost
- Bergische Universitaet Gesamthochschule Wuppertal
- RECHENZENTRUM  Raum P-.09.05
- Gaussstr. 20
- D-42097 Wuppertal
- Germany
-
- Tel. : +49 -202 /439 2809 ,Fax -2910
--Email: probost@rz.uni-wuppertal.de
--Home : http://www.hrz.uni-wuppertal.de/hrz/personen/k_probost.html

Re: [SQL] Error after creating View

От
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Дата:
Thus spake Karin Probost
> After creating a view i get the message
> ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
>
> SELECT and VACUUM leads to the same Error.
>
> I am using Postgres 6.3.2
>
> What's the reason.

There were problems with ownership back then.  This might be a related
problem.  Get 6.4.

jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> hallo,
>
> After creating a view i get the message
> ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
>
> SELECT and VACUUM leads to the same Error.
>
> I am using Postgres 6.3.2
>
> What's the reason.

    Looks like the rule's action created for the pg_rewrite entry
    cannot get parsed back into the internal  memory  structures.
    This  is done when the relation is opened and that's why even
    VACUUM fails on it.

    I've fixed many things in the rewrite system  for  v6.4.  You
    might  give  it  a try. I'm really interested if it works for
    v6.4 or if you hit a bug that's still there.

Jan

Jan Wieck wrote:

> > hallo,
> >
> > After creating a view i get the message
> > ERROR:  nodeRead: Bad type 0
> >
> > SELECT and VACUUM leads to the same Error.
> >
> > I am using Postgres 6.3.2
> >
> > What's the reason.
>
>     Looks like the rule's action created for the pg_rewrite entry
>     cannot get parsed back into the internal  memory  structures.
>     This  is done when the relation is opened and that's why even
>     VACUUM fails on it.
>
>     I've fixed many things in the rewrite system  for  v6.4.  You
>     might  give  it  a try. I'm really interested if it works for
>     v6.4 or if you hit a bug that's still there.
>
> Jan
>
> --

> # It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being right. #
> # Let's break this rule - forgive me.                                  #
I'll have the time to upgrade to 6.4 in 1999.
ThenI will try again.
Thanks.