Обсуждение: #define in SQL?

#define in SQL?

От
Kenneth Jacker
Дата:
I've looked in some SQL books and online, but can't seem to find what
I'm looking for ...

The "copy" statement requires absolute paths to indicate file names.
Since these can be quite long, I would like a way -- similar to the C
pre-processor's "#define" -- to define a symbol in the beginning of my
SQL code that can be referenced later.

In a C program I'd write:

    #define EXPORTFILE "/home/khj/tmp/pgsql.export"

Can something similar be done in SQL?

Thanks,

-Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu
-Computer Science Dept       www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj
-Appalachian State Univ
-Boone, NC  28608  USA

Re: [SQL] #define in SQL?

От
Herouth Maoz
Дата:
At 14:42 +0300 on 14/7/98, Kenneth Jacker wrote:

> I've looked in some SQL books and online, but can't seem to find what
> I'm looking for ...
>
> The "copy" statement requires absolute paths to indicate file names.
> Since these can be quite long, I would like a way -- similar to the C
> pre-processor's "#define" -- to define a symbol in the beginning of my
> SQL code that can be referenced later.
>
> In a C program I'd write:
>
>     #define EXPORTFILE "/home/khj/tmp/pgsql.export"
>
> Can something similar be done in SQL?

No. SQL is not a procedural language. It doesn't even have user-defined
variables, much less constants.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.