Обсуждение: The date of an entry?

The date of an entry?

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
Is there a system field that can enable me to determine when an entry into
the database was made?  I see a reference to 'abstime'.  How can that be
accessed?

Johann.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310               Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give
      thee the desires of thine heart."
                                  Psalms 37:4

Re: [SQL] The date of an entry?

От
Michael J Schout
Дата:
Johann Spies wrote:

> Is there a system field that can enable me to determine when an entry into
> the database was made?  I see a reference to 'abstime'.  How can that be
> accessed?

Abstime is a column type, just like datetime, date, or even int for that
matter.  Once upon a time, there used to be "time travel" in postgreSQL
so every row had a tmin,tmax field in it that would show the last time
the row was updated, but they are no longer  available as time travel
was removed in the interest of efficiency. You can get the same effect
by creating your own timestamp column though:

create table foo (ts timestamp default now(), f1 int);
insert into foo (f1) values (12345);
select * from foo;

ts                    |   f1
1998-07-11 11:10:37-05|12345