Обсуждение: Newby Postgres questions

Newby Postgres questions

От
"Stephen Horton"
Дата:
Howdy list members,

I'm new here and to Postgres.  I have 2 questions:

1.) Is there a list of the standard embedded SQL statements that Postgres
    recognizes?  I'm coming from an Ingres background, and I've already scanned
    over all of the docs.

2.) Does Postgres support dynamic embedded sql (such as sqlda)?  I want to
    dynamically construct SQL statements in my C code and have EGPC parse
    the embedded SQL that contains variables for what my SQL statement will
    be (at runtime, not compiletime).

Thanks,
stephen

Re: [SQL] Newby Postgres questions

От
Tom Good
Дата:
On 9 Jul 1998, Stephen Horton wrote:

> Howdy list members,
>
> I'm new here and to Postgres.  I have 2 questions:
>
> 1.) Is there a list of the standard embedded SQL statements that Postgres
>     recognizes?  I'm coming from an Ingres background, and I've already scanned
>     over all of the docs.

No list exists, per se.  However, I have tried many of them and found
what works well and what requires some fiddling...I have a new man page
although as fast as Michael improves the code it is probably out of
date - and it's not even released yet ;-)

If you want I will send you the latest man page and be glad to answer any
questions I'm able to...the man page has examples of usage that I employ
in my code.

> 2.) Does Postgres support dynamic embedded sql (such as sqlda)?  I want to
>     dynamically construct SQL statements in my C code and have EGPC parse
>     the embedded SQL that contains variables for what my SQL statement will
>     be (at runtime, not compiletime).

I recall reading awhile back that it does not but I imagine that Michael
is working on it.

Cheers,
Tom G

        User Guide Dog Database Project