Обсуждение: Running on RH 7.2 Linux

Running on RH 7.2 Linux

От
"Sean Duffy"
Дата:
Hi,
I have been testing Postgresql on 7.0 RH Linux but ultimately want to install on 7.2 RH Linux.
Can you recommend the appropriate packages I need to download and can you possibly give me a heads up on installation
technique?  I am new to Postgresql and Linux but have extensive Unix experience.  Also I am looking to install and
configureJDBC drivers because I will be developing mostly Java application code.

Any help at all in giving me a clear direction
would really be appreciated.

I have been on the www.postgresql.org web site and learned alot but did not see anything regarding RH 7.2 Linux.

Thanks for helping me out.

Sean Duffy
sean.duffy@programmer.net

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Re: Running on RH 7.2 Linux

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Tuesday 04 December 2001 10:01 pm, Sean Duffy wrote:
> I have been testing Postgresql on 7.0 RH Linux but ultimately want to
> install on 7.2 RH Linux. Can you recommend the appropriate packages I need
> to download and can you possibly give me a heads up on installation
> technique?   I am new to Postgresql and Linux but have extensive Unix

RedHat 7.2 comes with PostgreSQL 7.1.3.  When installing RH 7.2, select the
PostgreSQL packages.  Or you can install them later -- they're on CD #2,
IIRC.  You need postgresql, postgresql-libs, and postgresql-server at minimum
for a server machine.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio