Обсуждение: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

От
rrp
Дата:
Hello,
    I search the binaries for Mac OS X Client but i can not find it !
Maybe am i a dummy ?

Thanks

Re: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

От
"Henry B. Hotz"
Дата:
At 11:02 AM +0200 8/5/01, rrp wrote:
>Hello,
>    I search the binaries for Mac OS X Client but i can not find it !
>Maybe am i a dummy ?

If you want ODBC into Microsoft Excel that's not there yet, but
should be available shortly after Office for X is available.

If you just want a Unix-side client then just get/compile the source.
It works.  The major issues come if you want to integrate with the
bundled tcl or ssl.  In those cases you need to download the headers
from the Darwin site (or I can send them to you).

Cross my heart, strike me dead, stick a lobster on my head.
John Crichton -- Farscape, 6/15/01

Re: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

От
rrp
Дата:
Hello,
    So i tried by myself to make binaries:

downloading postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
from http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.1.2/postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
OK

"Unstuffing"
OK

./configure
OK

make replace gmake :
GNU Make version 3.79, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for powerpc-apple-darwin1.0

make
All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install.
OK

make install
..
KO!

[localhost:~/Documents/postgreSQL/postgresql-7.1.2] rraph% make install
make -C doc install
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/man
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/doc
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/doc/html
make[1]: *** [installdirs] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

[localhost:~/Documents/postgreSQL/postgresql-7.1.2] rraph% make check
KO!

=======================
  1 of 76 tests failed.
=======================

The differences that caused some tests to fail can be viewed in the
file `./regression.diffs'.  A copy of the test summary that you see
above is saved in the file `./regression.out'.

make[2]: *** [check] Error 1
rm regress.o
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2

regression.diffs says :

*** ./expected/abstime.out    Thu May  3 19:00:37 2001
--- ./results/abstime.out    Tue Aug  7 11:36:16 2001
***************
*** 47,56 ****
        | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
        | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
        | epoch
-      | current
        | -infinity
        | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
! (6 rows)

   SELECT '' AS six, ABSTIME_TBL.*
      WHERE ABSTIME_TBL.f1 > abstime '-infinity';
--- 47,55 ----
        | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
        | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
        | epoch
        | -infinity
        | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
! (5 rows)

   SELECT '' AS six, ABSTIME_TBL.*
      WHERE ABSTIME_TBL.f1 > abstime '-infinity';

And it seems i can't be *officialy* root on mac OS X Client.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks

Re: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

Дата:
rrp <rrp@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>     So i tried by myself to make binaries:

Looks to me like you have a working build.  The "abstime" regression
failure is a known error in the test itself, not a problem with the
system.

> And it seems i can't be *officialy* root on mac OS X Client.

Can't help you with that, but you don't need to be root to run postgres.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 8, 2001, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> And it seems i can't be *officialy* root on mac OS X Client.

Root login is disabled by default; don't know why but Apple seems not to
trust average Mac users with root... Gee...

If you want to enable it:

Run NetInfo Manager (in Utilities in Applications). Under the Domain
menu, Security submenu, pick Authenticate. Then pick Enable Root User.

Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com
http://www.killerbytes.com/
(303) 665-7007 voice

Re: Where find the Mac OS X Client binaries of pqsql ?

От
rrp
Дата:
Hello,
    So i tried by myself to make binaries:

downloading postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
from http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/v7.1.2/postgresql-7.1.2.tar.gz
OK

"Unstuffing"
OK

./configure
OK

make replace gmake :
GNU Make version 3.79, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for powerpc-apple-darwin1.0

make
All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install.
OK

make install
..
KO!

[localhost:~/Documents/postgreSQL/postgresql-7.1.2] rraph% make install
make -C doc install
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/man
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/doc
mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/doc/html
make[1]: *** [installdirs] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

[localhost:~/Documents/postgreSQL/postgresql-7.1.2] rraph% make check
KO!

=======================
  1 of 76 tests failed.
=======================

The differences that caused some tests to fail can be viewed in the
file `./regression.diffs'.  A copy of the test summary that you see
above is saved in the file `./regression.out'.

make[2]: *** [check] Error 1
rm regress.o
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2

regression.diffs says :

*** ./expected/abstime.out    Thu May  3 19:00:37 2001
--- ./results/abstime.out    Tue Aug  7 11:36:16 2001
        | Sun Jan 14 03:14:21 1973 PST
        | Mon May 01 00:30:30 1995 PDT
        | epoch
-      | current