Обсуждение: compile failure on Suse 7.1

compile failure on Suse 7.1

От
Matthew Easton
Дата:
Hello,

Says on your site that you want to hear about compile failures at this
email address.  Here goes:

I downloaded and uncompressed the source from the main site I think.

It configures with no errors
makes with no errors
make install quits with multiple iterations of

"make[2]***No rule to make target `postgres1024'. Stop"

Platform:

Dual processor, PIII, 2.4 kernel.  Mostly the default, very recent,
Suse7.1 "networked workstation with office" installation.  (I added
apache module, and a few other things).  Perhaps there are a few
libraries that I should have, but are not documented?

I'm rather new to compiling from source.  If this is an interesting
issue and you want more information, please be explicit about how I
gather it.

If you have any hints about how I can get Postgres up-and-running, I'd
be grateful to learn them.

Thank you.

Matt Easton

By the way, I decided to look into postgresql after reading Marcel
Gagne's recent article
at  http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue84/4568.html

RE: compile failure on Suse 7.1

От
"Ronald Kuczek"

Hi,
I don't know what is your problem - but it isn't SuSE 7.1 itself.
I have successfully compiled Postgresql 7.1.beta6 on SuSE 7.1 last thursday.
I suppose:
1. Check if you have installed PostgreSQL package with SuSE distribution, if
so, uninstall it.
2. Check if you have /usr/local/pgsql directory , ownership - your postgres
dba user.

Best regards
Rony

1

Re: compile failure on Suse 7.1

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Matthew Easton writes:

> "make[2]***No rule to make target `postgres1024'. Stop"

You probably have an environment variable X=1024 set up.  Unset that
first.

Re: compile failure on Suse 7.1

От
Matthew Easton
Дата:
Wow.  That's exactly it.

I checked, and oddly enough, $X and $Y are both defined.  I now set them
to null and everything compiles.
I'm imagining there is some improperly written init script that exports
its variables, or perhaps an RPM script.

I certainly don't recall setting any variables manually in this nearly
new Suse 7.1 installation.

Thanks, both of you for taking the time.