Обсуждение: QNX

QNX

От
Eduardo Gargiulo
Дата:
Hi all.

I'm working in a project with OS QNX 4.25 and I'm using Sybase as DB
engine.
I'm looking for information about compiling and running postgresql under
QNX. I'd used postgresql under linux with nice results, but I'm new to
QNX, so I need some help to make it. Is there any document or HOWTO
about using postgresql under QNX?

thanks, and of course, sorry for my english.

--
:%s/Micros~1/GNU\/Linux/g^M
:wq!

Re: QNX

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I'm looking for information about compiling and running postgresql under
> QNX. I'd used postgresql under linux with nice results, but I'm new to
> QNX, so I need some help to make it. Is there any document or HOWTO
> about using postgresql under QNX?

Yes. Look for a QNX FAQ in the upcoming 7.1 release; there may not be
much info in the current release. Tarballs of betas are available on the
ftp site.

                       - Thomas

Re: QNX

От
"Tegge, Bernd"
Дата:
Am 01:00 28.02.01 -0300 schrieb Eduardo Gargiulo:
>Hi all.
>
>I'm working in a project with OS QNX 4.25 and I'm using Sybase as DB
>engine.
>I'm looking for information about compiling and running postgresql under
>QNX. I'd used postgresql under linux with nice results, but I'm new to
>QNX, so I need some help to make it. Is there any document or HOWTO
>about using postgresql under QNX?

There's a FAQ_QNX4 in the doc/ directory of 7.03. The functionality is
somewhat hampered by QNX's lack of decent shared library support, but if
you don't need pl/sql it works quite well.
Creating the build environment can be tedious, as quite a lot of the
required programs and libraries are not present in a stock QNX system.
You'll need :
QNX 4.25
Watcom C 10.6
gcc (downloadable from http://www.teaser.fr/~jmichot/gcc/)
flex 2.5 or later ( from http://www.teaser.fr/~jmichot/gnu/)
possibly perl5 and tcl8
(from http://quics.qnx.com/cgi-bin/dir_find.cgi?/usr/free/)
If you have problems building it, contact me.I might be able to
put a tarball of my latest binaries on our ftp site.