Обсуждение: php error reporting problem

php error reporting problem

От
"ngwarai zed"
Дата:
hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php statement on purpose to see what the error looks like. I ran the script and a blank page jus came out.No error message. I then edited php.ini and set Display_errors = On and errror_reporting = E_ALL then restarted httpd. Ran the script again and the same thing happens. My question is:- how do I make php to show me a simple error like omitting a semicolon

Re: php error reporting problem

От
"Jason Minion"
Дата:
Check the apache error log.

Jason

________________________________

From: pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of ngwarai zed
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:25 AM
To: pgsql-php@postgresql.org
Subject: [PHP] php error reporting problem

hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php statement on purpose to
see what the error looks like. I ran the script and a blank page jus
came out.No error message. I then edited php.ini and set Display_errors
= On and errror_reporting = E_ALL then restarted httpd. Ran the script
again and the same thing happens. My question is:- how do I make php to
show me a simple error like omitting a semicolon

Re: php error reporting problem

От
Christopher Murtagh
Дата:
> hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php statement on purpose to
> see what the error looks like. I ran the script and a blank page jus
> came out.No error message. I then edited php.ini and set Display_errors
> = On and errror_reporting = E_ALL then restarted httpd. Ran the script
> again and the same thing happens. My question is:- how do I make php to
> show me a simple error like omitting a semicolon

That should do it. Maybe php didn't like the uppercase 'D' or the
misspelling of 'errror_reporting'(although I assume that's just a typo
in the email and not your config)? Try setting 'display_errors = On;'
instead of 'Display_errors' and see if that works for you. Jason's
suggestion to look at the apache logs should work as well.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: php error reporting problem

От
Дата:
--- ngwarai zed <makotore@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, I omitted a semicolon ; at the end of a php
> statement on purpose to see
> what the error looks like. I ran the script and a
> blank page jus came
> out.Noerror message. I then edited
> php.ini and set Display_errors = On and
> errror_reporting = E_ALL then
> restarted httpd. Ran the script again and the same
> thing happens. My
> question is:- how do I make php to show me a simple
> error like omitting a
> semicolon

i use apache and php as cgi on winxp.  i've never been
able to get the errors to print to the screen.

however, i still get to see my errors by using an ide.
 eclips with the php plugin will display errors when
configured correctly.

i use php designer 2005 (2006 beta is available) and
the ide will display my errors when i run the script
from within the ide.

good luck.