Обсуждение: Why doesn't version 8.0.1 talk to php. Something I've done?

Why doesn't version 8.0.1 talk to php. Something I've done?

От
"John Mohr"
Дата:
I've discovered that version 8.0.1 of postgresql does not, or at least as I had it configured, talk to php. Backing up to 7.4.7 does. Is the reason that it simply does not yet, or do I have something wrong in the config. If not yet, when?

Versions are:
httpd-2.0.54 (apache2)
php-5.0.4
postgresql-8.0.1 (& 7.4.7)

Re: Why doesn't version 8.0.1 talk to php. Something I've done?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Apr 25, 2005, at 12:13 PM, John Mohr wrote:

> I've discovered that version 8.0.1 of postgresql does not, or at least
> as I had it configured, talk to php. Backing up to 7.4.7 does. Is the
> reason that it simply does not yet, or do I have something wrong in
> the config. If not yet, when?
>
> Versions are:
> httpd-2.0.54 (apache2)
> php-5.0.4
> postgresql-8.0.1 (& 7.4.7)

I'm using 8.0.2 and php 5.0.4 without any problems. What error are you
getting? Is 8.0.1 at the exact same path you had for 7.4.7? php -i
might provide some clues.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: Why doesn't version 8.0.1 talk to php. Something I've done?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:13:30AM -0500, John Mohr wrote:

> I've discovered that version 8.0.1 of postgresql does not, or at least as I
> had it configured, talk to php. Backing up to 7.4.7 does. Is the reason that
> it simply does not yet, or do I have something wrong in the config. If not
> yet, when?

Please expand on what "does not talk to" means.  What are you doing,
what are you expecting to happen, and what actually does happen?
Are you getting an error?  If so, what is it?  (Please copy and
paste it verbatim, rather than typing what you think it says.)  You
might have to tweak your script or your PHP settings to see the
error message, either in the script output or in the web server's
error logs.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Why doesn't version 8.0.1 talk to php. Something I've

От
Frank Finner
Дата:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:13:30 -0500 "John Mohr"
<jtmohr@healthconresources.com> thought long, then sat down and wrote:

> I've discovered that version 8.0.1 of postgresql does not, or at least
> as I had it configured, talk to php. Backing up to 7.4.7 does. Is the
> reason that it simply does not yet, or do I have something wrong in
> the config. If not yet, when?
>
> Versions are:
> httpd-2.0.54 (apache2)
> php-5.0.4
> postgresql-8.0.1 (& 7.4.7)

Did you activate TCP/IP connections? In postgresql.conf:

# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION

# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = '*'  # what IP interface(s) to listen on;
                        # defaults to localhost, '*' = any

Syntax differs between earlier releases and 8.x.

Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Вложения