Обсуждение: PgSQL error codes in PHP

PgSQL error codes in PHP

От
Dawid Ferenczy
Дата:
Hi,

   I need help, please - I tried Google, some specialized mailinglist
and I got no result for a week. I would like to determine PgSQL error
codes in PHP after executing a query, but I found functions for getting
error messages only which I found not usable (messages are often
localised and so on). On PHP manual pages is for that reason some patch,
but only for PHP 4.x and with broken link ;) I need solution in PHP 5.

  For example:

  'CREATE TABLE xxx;'

  If table already exists, PgSQL return error message "Relation xxx
already exists" or "Relace xxx jiz existuje" in czech language and (not
in UTF-8 coding ;)

  So now, I know that some error occurs but I cannot determine cause :(
(compare error messages is nonsense).

  If I'll not find relevant solution, I'm going to write this function
in PgSQL extension (oh my God!!! [I'm atheist ;) ])

  Sorry for my english, it isn't my strong side, if you want I'll
welcome some language corrections ;)

  Thanx a lot, you are my last chance before I'll go to write my own
implementation...

--
 Dawid Ferenczy
 http://xcoder.jinak.cz

Re: PgSQL error codes in PHP

От
Thom Dyson
Дата:
Dawid,

I think you will have to build something.  If I understand the problem
correctly, PHP's error routine needs the connection handle to get the
error, but there is no connection handle if there is an error (!), so PHP
can't read an error number.

I have seen other people looking for answers to this, but I have never
seen any answers.

Thom Dyson
Director of Information Services
Sybex, Inc.

pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 11/12/2004 05:01:11 AM:

> Hi,

> I need help, please - I tried Google, some specialized mailinglist
> and I got no result for a week. I would like to determine PgSQL error
> codes in PHP after executing a query, but I found functions for getting
> error messages only which I found not usable (messages are often
> localised and so on).

Re: PgSQL error codes in PHP

От
Markus Bertheau
Дата:
Here's a patch for getting the sqlstate for PHP5. It should apply to
PHP4 without problems:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=109991803204873&w=2

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>