Обсуждение: HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

От
fi94te02@fi.usj.edu.lb
Дата:
Hello,

    I am using postgresql and PHP to develop an application supporting
English/French/Arabic Data. I am using PHP5RC1 and Postgresql 7.4.2

    When the user enters french caracters (é,è,...) I get the following error.

====================

    Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: invalid
byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xe96d61 in
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/Classes/DBAdapter.class.php on line 27
====================

I managed to save my SQL string into a file. When open with vi, the file reads
==============
update classe set code='MATE',description='Mathématiques
Elémentaires',cycle='SEC',classesuperieure=NULL,info=NULL where code='MATE'
~
==============

whereas the command cat shows

==============
update classe set code='MATE',description='Math�matiques El�mentaires',cycle
='SEC',classesuperieure=NULL,info=NULL where code='MATE'
==============

I tried to figure out what to do; when I copy and paste the content of the
file into the "psql" tool, it works perfectly and I can see the accented
letters in my browser; whereas the psql's command "\i <filename>" generates
the same.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Dani Mezher

Re: HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> ==============
> update classe set code='MATE',description='Math�matiques El�mentaires',cycle
> ='SEC',classesuperieure=NULL,info=NULL where code='MATE'
> ==============

That's happening because you have not correctly specified the page
encoding in the HTML page. So, Internet Explorer converts the entities
badly...

Chris

Re: HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

От
"Vimala S.P."

          U could use urlencode if the method is get. Its its post, then
there will be no problem.

-vimala/.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 fi94te02@fi.usj.edu.lb wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am using postgresql and PHP to develop an application supporting
> English/French/Arabic Data. I am using PHP5RC1 and Postgresql 7.4.2
>
>     When the user enters french caracters (�,�,...) I get the following error.
>
> ====================
>
>     Warning: pg_query() [function.pg-query]: Query failed: ERROR: invalid
> byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xe96d61 in
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/Classes/DBAdapter.class.php on line 27
> ====================
>
> I managed to save my SQL string into a file. When open with vi, the file reads
> ==============
> update classe set code='MATE',description='Math�matiques
> El�mentaires',cycle='SEC',classesuperieure=NULL,info=NULL where code='MATE'
> ~
> ==============
>
> whereas the command cat shows
>
> ==============
> update classe set code='MATE',description='Math�matiques El�mentaires',cycle
> ='SEC',classesuperieure=NULL,info=NULL where code='MATE'
> ==============
>
> I tried to figure out what to do; when I copy and paste the content of the
> file into the "psql" tool, it works perfectly and I can see the accented
> letters in my browser; whereas the psql's command "\i <filename>" generates
> the same.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Regards
> Dani Mezher

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

От
Dani Mezher
Дата:
I added the following line in the head section of my html

Re: HELP!!!! UNICODE problem

От
Dani Mezher
Дата:
Silly me... I forgot that the header in PHP was sent using the "header"
function. When I set the charset to utf-8, it worked perfectly.

Thanks
Dani