Обсуждение: pg_connect problem

pg_connect problem

От
"Edric Bulalacao"

I’m a PHP/PostGRE newbie.  I’m getting this error:

Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? . in /export/home/tsc/a/delete-action.phtml on line 156
Couldn't make a connection!

This is the code I’m trying to run:

$connection = pg_connect("host=localhost dbname=address user=address password=address");

This is my pg_hba.conf

local  all      all             password

This is the output of “netstat –an | grep 5432”

unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     27649  /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

I’m able to do “psql –u address” and supply and username and password as any Unix user defined in the system.

Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?  Thanks.

Re: pg_connect problem

От
nzegarra@kolareal.net
Дата:
in your pg_hba.conf must set a line with the follow:

local all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
local all all IP.OF.YOUR.MACHINE YOUR.GATEWAY trust

and in your postgresql.conf must set the port = 5432 without the comment
restart the postgresql and it must work

Regards

Nilson

> I’m a PHP/PostGRE newbie.  I’m getting this error:
>
> Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
> connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
> localhost and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? . in
> /export/home/tsc/a/delete-action.phtml on line 156
> Couldn't make a connection!
>
> This is the code I’m trying to run:
> $connection = pg_connect("host=localhost dbname=address user=address
> password=address");
>
> This is my pg_hba.conf
> local  all      all             password
>
> This is the output of “netstat –an | grep 5432”
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     27649
> /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
>
> I’m able to do “psql –u address” and supply and username and password as
> any
> Unix user defined in the system.
>

> Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?  Thanks.

Re: pg_connect problem

От
Robby Russell
Дата:
Edric Bulalacao wrote:
> Thank you for the quick reply.  Looks like all the lines in my
> postgresql.conf file are all commented out.
>
> I will uncomment the tcpip_socket and port lines lines to see if it works:

No problem. I've run into this on several occasions when I'm setting up
a new server and forget to make that one minor little change. It's a
good default security setting, however it adds one extra little step for
us. heh

-Robby