Обсуждение: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

[OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Ludwig Lim
Hi:

   Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
searching google but I could not find any.

   How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.

Thank you very much,
ludwig.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Andrew McMillan
Дата:
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 23:16, Ludwig Lim wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
> function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
> searching google but I could not find any.
>
>    How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
> combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
> this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.

I don't know about ASP -> PHP, sorry.

I redirect in PHP as:

header( "Location: http://some.other.website/page" );

I had to abuse one of our younger programmers recently for using
redirects as if they were GOTO's - I sincerely hope you're not going to
do that with it :-)

Cheers,
                    Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/         PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201     MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
           Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
"Adrian Tineo"
Дата:
Hi
>    Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
> function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
> searching google but I could not find any.

Don't know about this.

>    How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
> combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
> this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.

I use:
header("Location: script.php"); // Before any output to the page or it will
give "headers already sent" error.
Check the docs.

Adrian Tineo

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
You go:

header("Location: www.postgresql.org");
exit;

Chris

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Ludwig Lim wrote:

> Hi:
>
>    Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
> function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
> searching google but I could not find any.
>
>    How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
> combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
> this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.
>
> Thank you very much,
> ludwig.

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
"Duncan Adams (DNS)"
Дата:
remember that u can have nothing exported (not even a space) to the web browser or u will get an error "header already
send".

if u need to redirect after sending some thing to the browser i use (don't know any other way) javascript

window.location.href('<url>');

>    Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
> function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
> searching google but I could not find any.
>
>    How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
> combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
> this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.
>
> Thank you very much,
> ludwig.

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Zak Greant
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:16:39AM -0800, Ludwig Lim wrote:

> Hi:
>
>    Does any one know of sites that show equivalent PHP
> function for their ASP counterparts? I've tried
> searching google but I could not find any.

  Try using ASP2PHP with lists of ASP function names - that should help
  a bit. See http://asp2php.naken.cc/

  Cheers!
--
Zak Greant <zak@mysql.com> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

"Gosh, Batman. The nobility of the almost-human porpoise."
                                                    --Robin, the Boy Wonder

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:16:39 -0800,
  Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    How does one "redirect" in PHP. I've use
> combination of echo and META tags, but I'm not sure if
> this is the standard practice for PHP programmers.

Using a meta-refresh header in html to do redirection isn't a good idea. The
correct way is to use a location header in the response and an appropiate
response code (indication if the redirection is temporary or permanent).

Re: [OT] PHP for ASP programmers

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
Not really documentation but I suppose you could run asp2php (search for it
on freshmeat.net) and look at the converted output.

Cheers,
Steve