Обсуждение: php insert problem

php insert problem

От
dan radom
Дата:
<snip>

 $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or die("database connection failed");
  $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";

  if (!$result) {
        echo "query died\n";
        exit;
  }

</snip>

the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in blah.php on line X"

line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES
('$emp_name','$emp_email')";line.  I've started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any ideas?
similarSELECT queries work just fine.

dan

Re: php insert problem

От
Surojit Niyogi
Дата:
Hi Dan,

You're missing a close parentheses ")" in the pg_exec line... :)

Roj Niyogi
pgHoster.com
PostgreSQL web hosting

dan radom wrote:

><snip>
>
> $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or die("database connection failed");
>  $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";
>
>  if (!$result) {
>        echo "query died\n";
>        exit;
>  }
>
></snip>
>
>the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in blah.php on line X"
>
>line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES
('$emp_name','$emp_email')";line.  I've started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any ideas?
similarSELECT queries work just fine.

>dan

>http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: php insert problem

От
Chadwick Rolfs
Дата:
You need to close your parenthesis after the last double quote.

On Wed, 22 May 2002, dan radom wrote:

> <snip>
>
>  $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or die("database connection failed");
>   $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";
>
>   if (!$result) {
>         echo "query died\n";
>         exit;
>   }
>
> </snip>
>
> the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in blah.php on line X"
>
> line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES
('$emp_name','$emp_email')";line.  I've started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any ideas?
similarSELECT queries work just fine.

> dan

> http://archives.postgresql.org

-Chadwick

Re: php insert problem

От
Дата:
You're missing a closing  )

$result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email)
VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')");

Peter

>  $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or
die("database connection failed");
>   $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name,
emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";

>   if (!$result) {
>         echo "query died\n";
>         exit;
>   }
>
> </snip>
>
> the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in
blah.php on line X"

> line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees
(emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')"; line.  I've
started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any
ideas?  similar SELECT queries work just fine.

> dan

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: php insert problem

От
"Matteo Beccati"
Дата:
Hi,

It seems you forgot closing the php function arguments with ')':

$result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees
 (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')");

This should work

Regards
--
Matteo Beccati
http://www.phpadsnew.com

Re: php insert problem

От
Chris Thompson
Дата:
Should it not be

 $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email');");

Cheers

On Wed, 22 May 2002, dan radom wrote:

> <snip>
>
>  $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or die("database connection failed");
>   $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";
>
>   if (!$result) {
>         echo "query died\n";
>         exit;
>   }
>
> </snip>
>
> the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in blah.php on line X"
>
> line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES
('$emp_name','$emp_email')";line.  I've started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any ideas?
similarSELECT queries work just fine.

> dan

> http://archives.postgresql.org
> --
> Virus scanned by edNET.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of edNET or lightershade ltd. Finally, the
viruses.  edNET and lightershade ltd accepts no liability for any damage

Virus scanned by edNET.

Re: php insert problem

От
Chadwick Rolfs
Дата:
Hey, dan... are you getting these messages?  It seems we have a consensus.
Do you still get an error?

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Chris Thompson wrote:

> Should it not be
>
>  $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email');");
>
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, dan radom wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> >  $database = pg_connect ("host=localhost dbname=rbak user=nobody") or die("database connection failed");
> >   $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES ('$emp_name','$emp_email')";
> >
> >   if (!$result) {
> >         echo "query died\n";
> >         exit;
> >   }
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > the above code produces a parse error.  "parse error, unexpected ';' in blah.php on line X"
> >
> > line X is the $result = pg_exec ($database, "INSERT into employees (emp_name, emp_email) VALUES
('$emp_name','$emp_email')";line.  I've started at this long enough, and it's time for other eyes to look.  any ideas?
similarSELECT queries work just fine.

> > dan

> > http://archives.postgresql.org
> > --
> > Virus scanned by edNET.

> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Any
> offers or quotation of service are subject to formal specification.
> Errors and omissions excepted.  Please note that any views or opinions
> presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of edNET or lightershade ltd. Finally, the
> recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
> viruses.  edNET and lightershade ltd accepts no liability for any damage

> Virus scanned by edNET.

-Chadwick