Обсуждение: Date calc/comparisions

Date calc/comparisions

От
"Brent R. Matzelle"
Дата:
I need to know if the date returned from a TIMESTAMP field is less than 24 hours old.
However, PHP does not understand how to compare times retrieved from PostgreSQL.
Have any of you any experience with this type of calculation?

Thanks and warm regards,

Brent

Re: Date calc/comparisions

От
"Mitch Vincent"
Дата:
You could do

SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM <timestamp>);

-- To get epoch, then use PHP to do the date calculation.. You could do the
calculation in the database too, though..

Check out
http://postgresql.crimelabs.net/users-lounge/docs/7.1/user/functions-datetim
e.html

> I need to know if the date returned from a TIMESTAMP field is less than 24
hours old.
> However, PHP does not understand how to compare times retrieved from
PostgreSQL.
> Have any of you any experience with this type of calculation?
>
> Thanks and warm regards,
>
> Brent

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Date calc/comparisions

От
"Brent R. Matzelle"
Дата:
--- Mitch Vincent <mvincent@cablespeed.com> wrote:
> You could do
>
> SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM <timestamp>);
>
> -- To get epoch, then use PHP to do the date calculation.. You
> could do the
> calculation in the database too, though..
>
> Check out

http://postgresql.crimelabs.net/users-lounge/docs/7.1/user/functions-datetim
> e.html

Thanks for the response.  Actually I found a slightly better way
of accomplishing the same thing last night.  I can change the
PostgreSQL TIMESTAMP to a PHP viable Unix timestamp by
eliminating the time zone stuff from the end of the string:

$timestamp = "2001-09-05 21:12:45-04" // simulate a PG timestamp

// Eliminates the "-04"
$timestamp = substr($timestamp, 0, -3);

$unix_time = strtotime($timestamp);

// Now I can convert it:
$pretty_time = date("Y M d H:i", $unix_time);

Regards,

Brent

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Date calc/comparisions

От
"Mitch Vincent"
Дата:
I generally do all my date calculations in PG, it's set of functions for
time spans and such are most excellent..

Good luck!

-Mitch