Обсуждение: Printing Notices to the web?

Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Marc Sherman"
Дата:
Is it possible to have NOTICE messages generated by calls to
pg_exec echoed to the client, like more serious error messages
are?  Currently, they're just being logged to syslog by php,
which makes it difficult for me to debug them, since I don't
know which query generated the log message.

Thanks,
- Marc

Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Dan Wilson"
Дата:
This is an issue with the pgsql PHP extension.  There is currently no way to
get that info in PHP. Personally, I think there should be a way to retrieve
a NOTICE through PHP.  Much like the pg_errormessage() function, I think
there should be a way to retrieve the NOTICES.  This could be very
functional for some things.

For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin.  I can't because all
the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way to get to it.

Any C/C++ gurus that would be willing to add a function like that to the
pgsql module would be my hero!

-Dan

: Is it possible to have NOTICE messages generated by calls to
: pg_exec echoed to the client, like more serious error messages
: are?  Currently, they're just being logged to syslog by php,
: which makes it difficult for me to debug them, since I don't
: know which query generated the log message.
:
: Thanks,
: - Marc
:
: ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
: TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Brent R. Matzelle"
Дата:
--- Dan Wilson <dwilson@mission.net> wrote:
> For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin.  I
> can't because all
> the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way
> to get to it.
>
> Any C/C++ gurus that would be willing to add a function like
> that to the
> pgsql module would be my hero!

Your hero has come :-)  The pg_last_notice() function is
scheduled to be released in PHP 4.0.7 .  Read more about it
here: http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=9541&edit=1

Brent

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Brent R. Matzelle"
Дата:
--- Dan Wilson <dwilson@mission.net> wrote:
> For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin.  I
> can't because all
> the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way
> to get to it.
>
> Any C/C++ gurus that would be willing to add a function like
> that to the
> pgsql module would be my hero!

Your hero has come :-)  The pg_last_notice() function is
scheduled to be released in PHP 4.0.7 .  Read more about it
here: http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=9541&edit=1

Brent

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Brent R. Matzelle"
Дата:
--- Dan Wilson <dwilson@mission.net> wrote:
> For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin.  I
> can't because all
> the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way
> to get to it.
>
> Any C/C++ gurus that would be willing to add a function like
> that to the
> pgsql module would be my hero!

Your hero has come :-)  The pg_last_notice() function is
scheduled to be released in PHP 4.0.7 .  Read more about it
here: http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=9541&edit=1

Brent

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От
"Dan Wilson"
Дата:
Saweeeeet!  Much applause for dirk@rackspace.com!!!

-Dan

: --- Dan Wilson <dwilson@mission.net> wrote:
: > For example, I want to impliment EXPLAIN in phpPgAdmin.  I
: > can't because all
: > the EXPLAIN output comes through a NOTICE and their is not way
: > to get to it.
: >

From: pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org
> :
> : Your hero has come :-)  The pg_last_notice() function is
> : scheduled to be released in PHP 4.0.7 .  Read more about it
> : here: http://www.php.net/bugs.php?id=9541&edit=1

Is this adequate for cases where a single query generates more
than one notice message?  Don't explains generate a large number
for each query?

- Marc

Re: Re: Printing Notices to the web?

От