Обсуждение: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

От
Ying He
Дата:
hi, all,

I have a requirement to move a table to a different storage. I will create the tablespace and use alter table set tablespace to achieve it. The concern is that the table is pretty big and during the set tablespace, application could insert/update/delete records. If there is a lock during the operation, it will impact db availability.

I looked at the pg_repack usage and in release 1.2 http://reorg.github.io/pg_repack/. there is -s tablespace that claims to be an online version of ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE

is this the functionality that solves the alter table set tablespace lock issue?

For any one using pg_repack, how well does it perform?

Thank you.

best,
Ying

Re: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

От
Josh Kupershmidt

is this the functionality that solves the alter table set tablespace lock issue?

Cross-posting to multiple lists in quick succession is generally considered rude; I see you have posted to the reorg-general list already, which is the right forum for questions about pg_repack. (And yes, that "-s" flag sounds like what you are after.)

 Josh

Re: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

От
Ying He
Дата:
Thank you Josh. Won't double post again. Just thought reorg mailing list is quite inactive.

best,
Ying

is this the functionality that solves the alter table set tablespace lock issue?

Cross-posting to multiple lists in quick succession is generally considered rude; I see you have posted to the reorg-general list already, which is the right forum for questions about pg_repack. (And yes, that "-s" flag sounds like what you are after.)

 Josh

Re: pg_repack solves alter table set tablespace lock

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Ying He escribió:
> Thank you Josh. Won't double post again. Just thought reorg mailing list is quite inactive.

Well, that tells you something about its maintenance state and what sort
of help you can expect if you find yourself in trouble with it.