Обсуждение: Reseting statistics counters

Reseting statistics counters

От
Xenofon Papadopoulos
Дата:
If we reset the statistics counters using pg_stat_reset() will it affect the performance of the database? Eg are these the same statistics used by the planner?
Thanks

Re: Reseting statistics counters

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

If we reset the statistics counters using pg_stat_reset() will it affect the performance of the database? Eg are these the same statistics used by the planner?
Thanks

these statistics are used only for autovacuum, what I know. So you can impact a autovacuum, but no planner

Regards

Pavel

Re: Reseting statistics counters

От
Strahinja Kustudić
Дата:
Sorry for the late reply, but as far as I know when you run pg_stat_reset() you should always run analyze manually of the database to populate the statistics.

Strahinja Kustudić