Обсуждение: RESTORE multiple DBs concurrently

RESTORE multiple DBs concurrently

От
Roberto Grandi
Дата:
Dear All,

I'm dealing with restore 3 DB at the same time. Previously this task was sequential but we need to make shorter as
possibleour daily maintenance window.
Is this possible from your point of view to restore on the same server more than 1 DB at time? I havwn't found any
clearanswer on the web.
Many thanks in advance.

BR
Roberto

Re: RESTORE multiple DBs concurrently

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Roberto Grandi
<roberto.grandi@trovaprezzi.it> wrote:
> Is this possible from your point of view to restore on the same server more than 1 DB at time?
Yes, it is possible: simply run multiple instances of pg_restore in
parallel and just don't blow up your disk(s) I/O.

Also, why not restoring one database at the same time and accelerating
a single restore with parallel jobs? If your dump format is compatible
with this option, use -j when running pg_restore to define a number of
concurrent jobs. More info here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/interactive/app-pgrestore.html
This might be useful as well in your case.
--
Michael