Обсуждение: Error while vacuuming

Error while vacuuming

От
Bhakti Ghatkar
Дата:
Hi ,

While performing full vacuum we encountered the error below:

INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_index"
vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxxx" failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "ccccc"
DETAIL:  Key (indexrelid)=(2678) already exists.

We are using Postgres 9.0.1

Can you please help us out in understanding the cause of this error?

Regards,
Bhakti

Re: Error while vacuuming

От
Guillaume Cottenceau
Дата:
Hi,

May be corrupt index, have you tried REINDEX?

(btw I failed to see how it is related to performance)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

Re: Error while vacuuming

Дата:
Bhakti Ghatkar <bghatkar@zedo.com> writes:
> Hi ,
> While performing full vacuum we encountered the error below:

> INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_index"
> vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxxx" failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value
> violates unique constraint "ccccc"
> DETAIL:  Key (indexrelid)=(2678) already exists.

> We are using Postgres 9.0.1

> Can you please help us out in understanding the cause of this error?

Try updating ... that looks suspiciously like a bug that was fixed a few
months ago.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Error while vacuuming

От
Bhakti Ghatkar
Дата:
Tom,

Currently we are using version 9.0.1.

Which version shall we update to? 9.05 or 9.1 ?

~Bhakti

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Bhakti Ghatkar <bghatkar@zedo.com> writes:
> Hi ,
> While performing full vacuum we encountered the error below:

> INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_index"
> vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "xxxx" failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value
> violates unique constraint "ccccc"
> DETAIL:  Key (indexrelid)=(2678) already exists.

> We are using Postgres 9.0.1

> Can you please help us out in understanding the cause of this error?

Try updating ... that looks suspiciously like a bug that was fixed a few
months ago.

                       regards, tom lane

Re: Error while vacuuming

От
Samuel Gendler

Which version shall we update to? 9.05 or 9.1 ?

9.0.5 should be compatible with your installed db and contain any bug fixes that have been released.  Which isn't to say that you shouldn't test and make a backup before upgrading the binaries on your production server, of course.

--sam