Обсуждение: postgresql query runtime

postgresql query runtime

От
Radhya sahal
Дата:
Hi
I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i use command line psql?
not explain rutime for the query such as the runtime which appear in pgadmin ?
such as Total query runtime: 203 ms.

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
2011/10/11 Radhya sahal <rad_cs_2006@yahoo.com>:
> Hi
> I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i use
> command line psql?
> not explain rutime for the query such as the runtime which appear in pgadmin
> ?
> such as Total query runtime: 203 ms.

Hello

use

\timing

\? is your friend :)

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
Szymon Guz

I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i use command line psql?
not explain rutime for the query such as the runtime which appear in pgadmin ?
such as Total query runtime: 203 ms.

run this in psql:

\t

regards
Szymon

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
Szymon Guz

I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i use command line psql?
not explain rutime for the query such as the runtime which appear in pgadmin ?
such as Total query runtime: 203 ms.

run this in psql:

\t

regards
Szymon

yes... \timing of course... I think I shouldn't send emails when I've got a fever :)

- Szymon

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Radhya sahal <rad_cs_2006@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i
> use command line psql?

\timing on

-Kevin

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
Radhya sahal
Дата:
thank's Kevin
how i can read query runtime if i want to run query from java ?
regards,,,

> I want to know how can i measure runtime query in postgresql if i
> use command line psql?

\timing on

-Kevin

Re: postgresql query runtime

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Radhya sahal <rad_cs_2006@yahoo.com> wrote:

> how i can read query runtime if i want to run query from java ?

Personally, I capture System.currentTimeInMillis() before and after
the query, and subtract.  In our framework, we have a monitor class
to encapsulate that.

-Kevin