Обсуждение: query total time im milliseconds

query total time im milliseconds

От
Radhya sahal
Дата:
Dear all ,
could any one help me?
when i use pgadmin to exceute a query it shows the total time for query ..
such as
(select * form table_name.........)query total time is for example 100 ms
i want to know the command that can retentive the query total time in millisecond
if i connect with postgresql from java using JDBC
i need the query total time necessaryto use it in my project
i don't want run explian just query
thank's

Re: query total time im milliseconds

От
Samuel Gendler

when i use pgadmin to exceute a query it shows the total time for query ..
such as
(select * form table_name.........)query total time is for example 100 ms
i want to know the command that can retentive the query total time in millisecond
if i connect with postgresql from java using JDBC
i need the query total time necessaryto use it in my project
i don't want run explian just query
thank's

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
//execute query
long executionTime = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;

Fw: query total time im milliseconds

От
Radhya sahal

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
//execute query
long executionTime = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;

this executionTime is not an actual time for query ,
it includes time for access to postgresql server
 using JDBC

when i use pgadmin to exceute a query it shows the total time for query ..
such as
(select * form table_name.........)query total time is for example 100 ms
i want to know the command that can retentive the query total time in millisecond
if i connect with postgresql from java using JDBC
i need the query total time necessaryto use it in my project
i don't want run explian just query
thank's

long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
//execute query
long executionTime = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;

Re: Fw: query total time im milliseconds

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 11/07/2011 2:26 AM, Radhya sahal wrote:

> long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
> //execute query
> long executionTime = System.currentTimeMillis() - startTime;
>
> this executionTime is not an actual time for query ,
> it includes time for access to postgresql server
> using JDBC

The pg_stat_statements contrib module in PostgreSQL 8.4 and above might
be able to do what you want. See the documentation here:

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/pgstatstatements.html

I don't think the core PostgreSQL server currently retains information
about how long the last query executed ran for.  I thought the PL/PgSQL
"GET DIAGNOSTICS" statement might be able to find out how long the last
query run within that PL/PgSQL function took, but it can't. So I think
you're out of luck for now.

PostgreSQL *CAN* log query durations to the server log, it just doesn't
(AFAIK) offer any way to find out how long the last query took from SQL
and doesn't keep that information after the statement finishes.

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park