Обсуждение: Select * is very slow

Select * is very slow

От
"shaiju.ck"
Дата:
Hi, I have a table employee with 33 columns. The table have 200 records now. Select * from employee takes 15 seconds to fetch the data!!! Which seems to be very slow. But when I say select id,name from empoyee it executes in 30ms. Same pefromance if I say select count(*) from emloyee. Why the query is slow if I included all the columns in the table. As per my understanding , number of columns should not be having a major impact on the query performance. I have increased the shared_buffres to 1024MB, but no improvement. I have noticed that the query "show shared_buffers" always show 8MB.Why is this? Does it mean that changing the shared_buffers in config file have no impact? Can anybody help? Shaiju

Re: Select * is very slow

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

do you use a VACUUM statement?

Regards

Pavel Stehule

2010/11/8 shaiju.ck <shaiju.ck@gmail.com>:
> Hi, I have a table employee with 33 columns. The table have 200 records now.
> Select * from employee takes 15 seconds to fetch the data!!! Which seems to
> be very slow. But when I say select id,name from empoyee it executes in
> 30ms. Same pefromance if I say select count(*) from emloyee. Why the query
> is slow if I included all the columns in the table. As per my understanding
> , number of columns should not be having a major impact on the query
> performance. I have increased the shared_buffres to 1024MB, but no
> improvement. I have noticed that the query "show shared_buffers" always show
> 8MB.Why is this? Does it mean that changing the shared_buffers in config
> file have no impact? Can anybody help? Shaiju

Re: Select * is very slow

От
Thom Brown
Дата: