Обсуждение: Execution Plan

Execution Plan

От
std pik
Дата:
Hi all..
Can any one help me?
I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
PostgreSQL:
Execution plan
The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
Thanks.

Re: Execution Plan

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

2010/7/23 std pik <stdpik@gmail.com>:
> Hi all..
> Can any one help me?
> I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
> PostgreSQL:
> Execution plan
> The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
> DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
> Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
> from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
> Thanks.

It is depend on version of PostgreSQL that you use. In 9.0 you can

EXPLAIN explain (analyze true, buffers true, costs true) select * from
pg_tables;

other useful info are in table pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_user_indexes

But for example CPU consumption you can see never - PostgreSQL uses
little bit different methods.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

maybe you searching some like  http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/

Re: Execution Plan

От
Rodrigo E. De León Plicet
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:06 PM, std pik <stdpik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all..
> Can any one help me?
> I'd like to know how can we get the following information in
> PostgreSQL:
> Execution plan
> The I/O physical reads and logical reads, CPU consumption, number of
> DB block used, and any other information relevant to performance.
> Taking into consideration that these information could be extracted
> from Oracle by AWR, TKPROF, ...etc.
> Thanks.

Check out pgstatspack:

http://blogs.sun.com/glennf/entry/pgstatspack_getting_at_postgres_performance