Обсуждение: prepared statements and partitioning (partition elimination not working)

prepared statements and partitioning (partition elimination not working)

От
Kevin Kempter
Дата:
Hi all;

we've found that partition elimination is not happening for a prepared
statement, however running the same statement in psql manually does give us
partition elimination.

Is this a known issue?

Re: prepared statements and partitioning (partition elimination not working)

От
Kenneth Marshall
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:24:56AM -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> we've found that partition elimination is not happening for a prepared
> statement, however running the same statement in psql manually does give us
> partition elimination.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes, see the recent threads on performance of prepared queries.
It concerns the availability of information on the query inputs
that is available to psql and not a pre-prepared query.

Cheers,
Ken