Обсуждение: PostgreSQL

PostgreSQL

От
Mahu Vasile
Дата:
Hi
I have some problems with the PostgreSQL 8.3.6.
The client(Microsoft Access 2000) link postgresql table(via ODBC) and
work with this. Sometimes on the client appear:
       ODBC--call failed.
       Could not send Query(connection dead)(#26);

In PostgreSQL log appear:
     could not receive data from client: Connection timed out
     unexpected EOF on client connection

In the Client (Microsoft Access 2000) log :
     STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=27, sqlstate=,
errmsg='Could not send query to backend'

I want to mention that the problem does not appear on the PostgreSQL8.1.

We couldn't find when it happens, and why..

postgresql.conf:
max_connections = 256
tcp_keepalives_idle = 1         # TCP_KEEPIDLE, in seconds;
                                        # 0 selects the system default
tcp_keepalives_interval = 1             # TCP_KEEPINTVL, in seconds;
                                        # 0 selects the system default
tcp_keepalives_count = 1                # TCP_KEEPCNT;
shared_buffers = 512MB
work_mem = 32MB                         # min 64kB
maintenance_work_mem = 256MB            # min 1MB
max_fsm_pages = 262145                  # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6
bytes each
                                        # (change requires restart)
max_fsm_relations = 16384               # min 100, ~70 bytes each
wal_buffers = 256kB                     # min 32kB
checkpoint_segments = 128               # in logfile segments, min 1,
16MB each

Can any one help me with this ?

Re: PostgreSQL

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Mahu Vasile <mahu@vrancart.ro> wrote:
> tcp_keepalives_count = 1                # TCP_KEEPCNT;

This might not be what you want.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-connection.html

Presumably you'd like to wait more than 1 second before declaring the
connection dead...

Beyond, that it sounds like a client problem more than a PostgreSQL problem.

...Robert