Обсуждение: Degenerate Performance Problem

Degenerate Performance Problem

От
Vincent Predoehl
Дата:
I have postgresql 8.3.5 installed on MacOS X / Darwin.  I remember setting shared memory buffer parameters and that solved the initial performance problem, but after running several tests, the performance goes way, way down. Restarting the server doesn't seem to help.

I'm using pqxx to access the database, if that makes any difference.

--
Vincent

Re: Degenerate Performance Problem

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Vincent Predoehl
<vpredoehl@phoenixwebgroup.com> wrote:
> I have postgresql 8.3.5 installed on MacOS X / Darwin.  I remember setting
> shared memory buffer parameters and that solved the initial performance
> problem, but after running several tests, the performance goes way, way
> down. Restarting the server doesn't seem to help.
> I'm using pqxx to access the database, if that makes any difference.

Could be a vacuuming issue.

What does

vacuum verbose;

on the database say?