Обсуждение: Restoration of datas

Restoration of datas

От
dforums
Дата:
Hello

Regarding the advice from all, and the performance of postgresql 8.3.3

I'm trying to change the server and to upgrade to 8.3.3

I install postgresql 8.3.3 on a new server for testing. All well!!!

And I run a \i mybackup.sql since yesterday 7pm. This morning the datas
are not insert yet.

COuld you advice me on which restoration method is the faster. To
upgrade from postgresql 8.1.11 to 8.3.3.

Regards

David

--
<http://www.1st-affiliation.fr>

*David Bigand
*Président Directeur Générale*
*51 chemin des moulins
73000 CHAMBERY - FRANCE

Web : htttp://www.1st-affiliation.fr
Email : david@1st-affiliation.com
Tel. : +33 479 696 685
Mob. : +33 666 583 836
Skype : firstaffiliation_support

Re: Restoration of datas

От
Richard Huxton
dforums wrote:
> COuld you advice me on which restoration method is the faster. To
> upgrade from postgresql 8.1.11 to 8.3.3.

Using the pg_dump from your 8.3 package, dump the database using -Fc to
get a nicely compressed dump. Then use pg_restore to restore it. If you
add a --verbose flag then you will be able to track it.

You might want to set fsync=off while doing the restore. This is safe
since if the machine crashes during restore you just start again. Oh,
and increase work_mem too - there's only going to be one process.

What will take the most time is the creating of indexes etc.

It will take a long time to do a full restore though - you've got 64GB
of data and slow disks.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd