Обсуждение: Trigger is not firing immediately

Trigger is not firing immediately

От
"Praveen"

Hi All,
    I am having a trigger in table, If I update the the table manually trigger is firing immediately(say 200ms per row), But if I update the table through procedure the trigger is taking time to fire(say 7 to 10 seconds per row).

Please tell me what kind of changes can I make so that  trigger  fire immediately while updating the table through procedure ?

Regards,
Praveen

Re: Trigger is not firing immediately

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Mon, dem 14.07.2008, um 12:04:49 +0530 mailte Praveen folgendes:

> Hi All,
>     I am having a trigger in table, If I update the the table manually trigger
> is firing immediately(say 200ms per row), But if I update the table through
> procedure the trigger is taking time to fire(say 7 to 10 seconds per row).
>
> Please tell me what kind of changes can I make so that  trigger  fire
> immediately while updating the table through procedure ?

Show us more details like source-code of the procedure, the trigger and
a demonstration.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Trigger is not firing immediately

От
Chris
Praveen wrote:

> Hi All,
>     I am having a trigger in table, If I update the the table manually
> trigger is firing immediately(say 200ms per row), But if I update the
> table through procedure the trigger is taking time to fire(say 7 to 10
> seconds per row).
>
> Please tell me what kind of changes can I make so that  trigger  fire
> immediately while updating the table through procedure ?

Sending the same email over and over again isn't going to get you a
response any quicker.

If you send the details of the trigger and the tables/fields it affects
then you might get a more helpful response.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: Trigger is not firing immediately

От
"Praveen"
Дата:
 Hi all,
    Please find the procedure and trigger which took more time when we try
to update value in table through Procedure.

 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION procname1(args)
  RETURNS void AS
 $BODY$
DECLARE
 {
 ---
 Some code blocks
 ---
 }
 BEGIN

 -->      to here it is executing fastly after reaches this statement it's
taking  time

 update table1 set col1 = val1 where pk = val2 and col2 = val3;

 -----> HERE table1  IS HAVING THE TRIGGER I GIVEN BELOW THE TRIGGER(
trigger1)

exception
 WHEN OTHERS
  THEN
   raise notice '''EXCEPTION IN procname1 BLOCK 3 : %''',SQLERRM;
  NULL;
END; $BODY$
 LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
 ALTER FUNCTION procname1(args);

 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION trigger1()
  RETURNS "trigger" AS
 $BODY$
 BEGIN

IF (TG_OP='UPDATE') THEN
 IF( some condition )
  THEN
   BEGIN
    INSERT INTO table2(cols)
    VALUES(values);
   IF NOT FOUND THEN
   NULL;
   END IF;
  EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS
  THEN
   NULL;
   END;
  END IF;
END IF;
 RETURN NULL;
 END; $BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION trigger1();

"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
hello

Are you sure, so you don't call trigger recursion?

Regards
Pavel Stehule

2008/7/14 Praveen <praveen.k@renaissance-it.com>:

> Hi all,
>   Please find the procedure and trigger which took more time when we try to
> update value in table through Procedure.
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION procname1(args)
>  RETURNS void AS
> $BODY$
> DECLARE
> {
> ---
> Some code blocks
> ---
> }
> BEGIN
>
> -->      to here it is executing fastly after reaches this statement it's
> taking  time
>

> update table1 set col1 = val1 where pk = val2 and col2 = val3;
>

> -----> HERE table1  IS HAVING THE TRIGGER I GIVEN BELOW THE TRIGGER(
> trigger1)
>

> exception
> WHEN OTHERS
>  THEN
>  raise notice '''EXCEPTION IN procname1 BLOCK 3 : %''',SQLERRM;
>  NULL;
> END; $BODY$
> LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
> ALTER FUNCTION procname1(args);
>

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION trigger1()
>  RETURNS "trigger" AS
> $BODY$
> BEGIN
>
> IF (TG_OP='UPDATE') THEN
> IF( some condition )
>  THEN
>  BEGIN
>   INSERT INTO table2(cols)
>   VALUES(values);
>  IF NOT FOUND THEN
>  NULL;
>  END IF;
>  EXCEPTION
>   WHEN OTHERS
>  THEN
>  NULL;
>  END;
>  END IF;
> END IF;
> RETURN NULL;
> END; $BODY$
>  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
> ALTER FUNCTION trigger1();
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "A. Kretschmer"
>> <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>

Yes , I am sure it is not trigger recursion.